Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hardee's makes delicious omelet biscuit

After an early morning out, I decided it was best to end the week with an actual breakfast, rather than a banana. Usually the lines are long in the Hardee's breakfast line. But, I guess we were in luck this morning since deer season is over and the duck hunters hadn't made it off the lake yet. There wasn't a line at all, so I changed from my usual Loaded Breakfast Burrito for a Loaded Omelet Biscuit. Now, after realizing both menu items contained "loaded" in their titles, I feel I might have some subliminal craving for the word.

Upon our arrival the kitchen window was already filled with biscuits of every assortment - which I generally think is a bad idea. But, I guess Hardee's serves so many that they can spare to make them earlier than they are ordered. My biscuit tasted fresh as if it had just been rolled in the paper and slid into the window. A good thing about the Loaded Omelet Biscuit is that since it has 44 grams of fat, you can usually skip lunch! The biscuit was covered in layers of eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage and ham. It was really like they folded a giant three-egg omelet in half and stuck it on a biscuit.

The new potato wedges are also much tastier than the hash browns they used to serve with the breakfast combo. I'm not sure if I liked the biscuit better than the burrito, but my order is generally always hot and fresh at Hardee's.

The service was good this morning, but there have been mornings when I've experienced cashiers than didn't want to be at work and kitchen workers who wanted to argue with the cashiers. However, it seems on Saturdays they always have the cream of the crop working because of the morning rush.

You'll never find another place where separate groups of people meet almost religiously at the same time every morning. And what better place to meet than over a hot, fresh breakfast.


View Larger Map

No comments: