Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bainbridge Truck Stop has smoking-good burger

Today, I found another restaurant in Bainbridge that I'd never eaten at. I'd never even stepped foot on the premises. Partly because it is a truck stop, and partly because it's way out of the way for anything I'd be remotely close to. But, the truth is, it really isn't that far out of the city limits, especially if you live or work in West Bainbridge.

The Bainbridge Truck Stop on Highway 84 West, is a place where truckers and non-truckers collide. Apparently truckers like to smoke, so there is a smoking section which is separated from the non-smoking section by a glass wall and doors. Only, there are cracks at the bottom of the doors so you still smell the smoke in the non-smoking section.

Aside from my obvious vendetta against smoking sections, the food and service was great. I had a bacon cheeseburger, all-the-way, and fries. The cheeseburger was hot off the grill with freshly fried bacon and just melted cheese. The bun was nice and crisp and the lettuce and tomato were fresh as well. The burger itself was so over flowing with meat and toppings that it was hard to get a good bite. After I smashed it down really well I bit into it like a real meatatarian.

The fries the Bainbridge Truck Stop serves are the pre-packaged crinkle fries which aren't freshly cut daily like some restaurants. But, they didn't taste as store-bought as I figured they would. They weren't too greasy, and they weren't too dry. They were definietly hot, out-of-the-grease as well which made for a delicious ending to an excellent cheeseburger.

I had a Diet Pepsi in rememberance of all of the Team Lean readers who are lusting over an actual cheeseburger right now.


View Larger Map

No comments: