Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Betty's serves cheeseburgers, sweet tea and good service

Betty's Cafeteria in Bainbridge has a buffet every lunch and breakfast Monday through Friday and you'll probably never enter the place without most of the tables being filled. There's even quite a few folks you'll see every day, rain or shine.

It may be because of Miss Betty's down-home recipes or because the service is always great, but Betty's Cafeteria in West Bainbridge has been filling tables and glasses of tea for over 20 years.

I had a bacon cheeseburger because there was nothing on the buffet which I particularly cared for, but usually the buffet is the way to go.

You can get the cheeseburger alone but it is definitely better with the freshly cut fries piled high on your plate. There probably isn't anything healty to eat at Betty's, but that's why it's so good.

My burger was just off the skillet and the cheese was still melting off of the burger and toasted bun when it arrived at my table. It was so big and juicy that I thought I was going to have to change clothes before I finished it. But, I did manage to keep the excess on the table and not in my lap and only used about three rolls of napkins to stay clean.

As soon as your beverage has been touched at Betty's you can guarantee someone is going to ask you if you need a refill. That's just the way the service is at Betty's.

Fridays are usually fried catfish days and Shepard's Pie usually makes it on the line once a week as well. If you've never had any of the pie, it's something to write home about. Because you'll be staying for seconds and maybe thirds.

Next time I can give 2,000 calories to breakfast, I'll write about how good it is as well.


View Larger Map

No comments: